As per the “Guidelines for Wearing Masks for the Public” issued by the Joint Prevention and Control Mechanism for the New Coronavirus Pneumonia Outbreak, the protection sanctions for crowded places such as “school classrooms” are as follows:
- In medium and low-risk areas, one should always take a spare mask,
- In places where people gather or come in close contact with other people, the condition to wear masks as far as possible will avoid the spread of droplets.
Key Footsteps to Follow for Kids Who Are Going to School During These Challenging Times:
- Caution 1: To the maximum possible avoid public transport. If the school is a walkable distance, it is recommended to walk or ride to and from school. If the school is far, use a private vehicle or car.
- Caution 2: If you by any change take public transportation, ensure the kid wears a mask or face shield to protect them from possible infections.
- Caution 3: While traveling in public mode, do not touch any objects, armrests, seats which can create a possible high risk of infections. Do not touch your mouth, eyes, nose while traveling in public transport.
- Caution 4: Do not eat or drink during the ride.
- Caution 5: While entering school, avoid close contact with your friends, classmates, teachers, and any school helpers.
- Caution 6: While in a queue inside the school, ensure proper social distancing, and wear your masks. It is recommended to have at least more than one-meter distance with someone in school.
- Caution 7: Inside the classroom or while playing ensure you don’t touch anyone until things get settled in the outside world.
- Caution 8: If you find someone sneezing, coughing, or with high fever, report the case immediately to your teacher.
- Caution 9: While using a washroom or toilet in school ensure you don’t touch the mirror, taps, etc. Wash your hands completely after using the toilet and use a sanitizer.
Finally, make sure that your home and school are the only places you visit. On the way to school or while returning back from school, do not stay outside, roam outside, and do not go to other places. Wear a mask throughout and wash your hands whenever possible.